MRTF Members Host Purdue Turf Students
A special thank you to all the MRTF members who hosted field trips for Dr. Patton’s senior capstone, turf course. This year we visited several sites to help students learn both how to create different agronomic programs but also many of the other challenges in managing a diverse set of turf areas. I wanted to especially thank the following MRTF members for hosting students and treating them so well during our visits. Both the students and the professor value your contributions to their education.
- Gary and Lisa Crum, Lawn Tamer, Frankfort, IN
- Josh Blackmore, Carmel Dad’s Club, Carmel, IN
- Gordon Millar and Jeremy Cooper, Red Hen Turf Farm, New Carlisle, IN
- Nate Brown, The Club at Holliday Farms, Zionsville, IN
- Ryan Cummings, Elcona Country Club, Bristol, IN
Cale Bigelow and Jada Powlen Received Awards at NACTA
(June 30, 2023) Dr. Cale Bigelow and Dr. Jada Powlen were recognized at NACTA for their excellence in teaching. Cale Bigelow received the NACTA Educator Award and Jada Powlen received the Graduate Student Teacher Award. Congratulations Cale and Jada!